Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stress+Emotional Eating+Depression-Exercise=Weight Gain

I gained a pound this week. Am I surprised? Not all. Angry? Yes. Disappointed? Yep. Guilty? Oh yeah. Frustrated? Most definitely. But I am the only to blame for this situation. I knew what I was putting in my mouth and I made the choice not to exercise. I’m honestly just surprised I didn’t gain more weight and I should count myself lucky that it was only 1 pound. Unfortunately, I haven’t been feeling that lucky lately.

I’m still in a funk. Still not feeling all that great and definitely not liking myself that much. I'm feeling like a loser and this weight gain just confirms it. But I can either wallow in this feeling or try to fight my way out of this black mood.

I've decided to fight it. I'm determined to get back on track when it comes to eating right and exercising. I’ve been reminded by some pretty wonderful people (thank you Mom and my very sweet cousin, Kristina L.) that I feel better when I do exercise. Not just physically but mentally! That exercising helps me battle my depression. It’s probably not a coincidence that the more days I skipped exercising the worse I felt. I’m going to concentrate on getting in at least 4 days of exercise per week and hope that will in turn help me feel better. And if all goes well, that should make eating right easier and stop this downward spiral.

I have already done 2 of my days this week and it’s only Wednesday so I’m on the right track. Hopefully, I can keep it up.

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com