Wednesday, September 29, 2010

ThisClose

This week I've lost another 2 lbs which puts me at an even 300. I am "thisclose" to being below 300 lbs. It is so frustrating! While I should just be celebrating a loss of any type, I can't help but wish it would have just been a little bit more so I can get out of the 300s completely. I have to remind myself that this is a good week! Slow and steady is what is going to do it in the long run. If I get anything from this journey besides good health, it may just be patience, a trait I've always lacked...LOL

Also, I found myself getting a little depressed that I weigh 300 lbs at all. I wish it was less. I'm ashamed that I ever got this big and seeing how much I still have to lose, well...it is disheartening. It makes the 44 lbs I've lost seem inconsequential. But I can't think that way. If I do, I know I will lose all the progress I've made so far on this journey. I need to remember that 44 lbs is 44 lbs no matter what I weighed when I started.

I also need to remember that I'm gaining muscle from exercising. That I can do so many things now that I couldn't do before. Remind myself how much better I feel and while I may not be happy with the number on the scale, it is going down and not up. And that is always good, right?

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com