Wednesday, July 21, 2010

After Camping Weigh-In

Today is my first day back from camping and wouldn’t you figure that it is also my weigh-in day. There is nothing scarier than having to weigh-in after vacation. Especially when said vacation involved eating a few things I normally don’t allow myself including an éclair and two orders of fish and chips (minus the chips since I don’t really like French fries). And, yes, I did have the orders of fish on two separate days. I didn’t go that crazy. I’m also lucky enough to have camped with relatives who made amazing homemade Mexican food including tamales (I had two with breakfast one day) and sopapillas which are like crack…seriously...LOL For those who are unfamiliar with them, here is the definition found on Wikipedia.org:

“A sopaipilla, sopapilla, sopaipa, or cachanga is a kind of fried pastry and a type of quick bread served in Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, north of Mexico, New Mexico, Peru, and Texas. “

Trust me, they are delicious either by themselves, with beans on top or even as a dessert sprinkled with powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar. Delish!! I ate my plain. I figured the fried dough is bad enough without adding to it. LOL

See, what I mean? I got carried away just talking about sopapillas! Back to my weigh-in. I was quite surprised this morning to see that despite my transgressions, I actually lost a pound!! I would have been happy to just not have gained but to lose makes me ecstatic! I am attributing the weight loss to the walking I did with my kids around the campgrounds and the town. I even brought my free weights and did some upper body exercises in the trailer. I guess when I think about it, I didn’t go completely off the rails.

Now that I’m back home, it’s time to get back into exercising and tracking my WW points again. I am aiming to reach that 30 lb mark next week. Fingers crossed!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Tricia, I believe I've met a kindred spirit. I've read your entire blog today and each post rang a bell with me. EACH POST! I applaud your journey. You've inspired me. I will be following you, cheering you on and praying for you. And following in your footsteps. Thanks for being out there.

 

design by suckmylolly.com