Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ready to Get My Camp On

We are heading out for the coast today for 5 lovely days. I am so excited to get out there and just relax in the cool weather. It’s been so hot and miserable here.
We have gone to Morro Bay every year in July for the last 6 years. It is a tradition in my hubby’s family for over 30 years and it is a great place to be when it is over 100 degrees in our town.

I’ll admit that as much as I have always loved camping, I really began to dread these trips over the last few years. I didn’t want to have to go walking in town or on the beach or have to chase the kids all over the campgrounds because I just wasn’t in shape for it. I didn’t want to deal with camping chairs or finding clothes to wear that actually fit. As stated in a previous post, it was just easier to stay at home where it is safe but I always went and was miserable a lot of the time.

But this year is different. I feel great and my body is so much stronger. My energy levels are way up. I’m actually looking forward to walking around town, taking the kids for walks around the campsite and pretty much anything else that comes up. I can’t believe how much I’m looking forward to all of it.

The trailer is packed with healthy food and snacks, lots of water, tequila and my lite margarita mix (you know there is tequila..LOL) and even my hand weights so I can get some exercise in while I’m there. I’ll do a little strength training and walking so I don’t lose any of the progress I’ve made.

Now, I’m just waiting for the hubby to get home because….I’m ready to get my camp on!!

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com