Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Happy

Today I am happy.

It’s been so long since I felt this way that I’m in shock. I’m not upset, irritated, annoyed, dismayed, disappointed or defeated. I’m not angry at myself or sad. This is honestly the weirdest feeling. I’ve felt all of those other negative emotions for so long that they became second nature. I’ve forgotten what it is like to feel positive.

I had a 3 lb weight loss this week which put me at 27 lbs total. It’s seems like with each pound I lose, I start to believe more and more that I can truly do this. Slowly but surely I can get where I want to be. I’ve also lost another inch off of my arms and half of an inch off of my thighs and waist. Proof positive that I am a smaller me than I was when I started this journey.

And on top of that, I reached a goal today. I’ve lost 5% of my weight from when I started on WW! I received a little purple star on my graph on WW online to mark this occasion. That made me smile even though it wasn’t anything tangible or big. But it is an acknowledgement of the work I’ve done and the effort I’ve put into this journey.

In response to all that I’ve accomplished so far, WW dropped my daily point allowance which believe it or not also made me smile. Since when does finding out I am allowed less food make me happy?...LOL It’s amazing that something I would have thought of as a punishment a few months ago has now become a reward.

I’ve also noticed a change in the way I view exercise. It is no longer something I “have to do” a certain number of days a week. I don't spend hours each day convincing myself to do it. It is a normal part of my routine. Part of my everyday life. I find myself getting dressed to exercise without thinking about it anymore. It’s become a part of who I am.

This journey I’m on has already changed me for the better and I’m not anywhere near my final goals yet. I can’t wait to see what other changes are in store for me along the way. But for right now, I’m going to concentrate on today.

Yes, today I am happy!

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com