Friday, July 2, 2010

I Scream for Ice Cream

I love ice cream. It is so yummy, creamy and delicious. But the fat content and calorie count is just too high. Plus, most containers list the serving size as ½ cup and who really eats that little bit? Not me. My ice cream bowls tend to be rather large and I’m not good at just putting ½ cup into my bowl. That little tiny bit of ice cream just looks so sad and my eyes tell me that I am being deprived. Which we all know is not good!

Luckily Skinny Cow came out with individual ice cream cups. They are 5.8 oz which makes them a little over ½ cup. They run between 150-170 calories per serving (which is the entire container…YEAH!!) and only 1-3 grams of fat. The best part is that there is 4 grams of fiber in each container which makes the point values on WW 2 or 3 depending on the flavor.

And speaking of flavors, they have quite a few to choose from. I had Dulce De Leche yesterday and it was delicious!! I also bought Cookies n Cream, Strawberry Cheesecake and Caramel Cone. I can’t wait to try those as well.

The best part is that you get to eat it right of the container. No measuring which is a pain in the butt and just plain depressing. It feels absolutely decadent and totally fooled my brain into thinking I was having more ice cream than I actually was so my sweet tooth was totally satiated.

Skinny Cow, I believe this is the beginning of a long love affair….LOL

Update - 7/4/10

LOVE - Dulce De Leche
LIKE - Cookies N Cream, Caramel Cone
OKAY - Strawberry Cheesecake (Note: Hubby thought this was great. Will admit not my first choice for ice cream flavor.)

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com