Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another Wednesday, Another Weigh-In

Well, it was just an okay weigh-in. I’ve lost another pound and that puts me at 22 lbs lost. I wish it was a little more but it is better than gaining, right? So I’ll just have to be happy with that. I also took my measurements today. That is something I really need to do when I have such a small weight loss to keep up my momentum. Otherwise, I just feel like I did all this work for nothing and that is so depressing. And since I’m an emotional eater, depression leads to chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

As of today, I have lost the following inches:

Chest – 5” (and no I didn’t lose my boobs…just the back fat..LOL)

Waist – 2.5”

Hips – 1” (yep, those hips are so hard to lose)

Thighs – 1.5”

Arms – 2.5”

As you can see, I’m losing inches much faster in my upper body than in my lower. That is par for the course. I’ve always carried my weight in my hips and thighs. I’m going to work on toning those but I’m realistic enough to know that losing weight in those areas is definitely going to be harder.

I’m also going to take solace in the fact that I put on some work clothes for an interview this week and they fit better than they ever have and were even a little loose.

I won’t be discouraged. I won’t be discouraged. I won’t be discouraged. (Yep, my mantra for the day). Next week will be even better.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I am dreading coming home and facing the scale. All the pants I've brought are baggy but I'm thinking it's because they air dried when I washed them...

Seeing your measurements has totally motivated me to take mine. I need to start exercising though in order to really see a difference, huh? Maybe I'll rethink this.

Oh, and in my book? A 1 lb. weight loss totally counts. A 1 lb. weight gain, does not.

Unknown said...

Oh, I like you book a lot...LOL

I'll be honest, my measurements really depressed me when I first took them. I mean I remember when my waist was a whole lot closer to 28". Well, that makes sense because I actually doubled in weight. Hmmm

 

design by suckmylolly.com