Friday, June 11, 2010

Today I Ran...yup, I did...LOL

Today I ran. Actually, it was definitely more of a slow, awkward jog to the end of my block. I’m sure it wasn’t pretty…LOL I couldn’t make it back but I did make it there. I was embarrassed when I started. I didn’t want people to see me running. But then I realized, what in the world do I care what other people think of me jogging?!! Sometimes I let these faceless people make the most important decisions in my life. I need to stop that. I need to be the one in charge of these decisions.

So I ran with my kids. It was fun and I was proud of myself. My knees hurt during it and that’s not really a surprise, is it? They are carrying a bunch of weight on them. I expect more than my body can give sometimes. And when we were heading back to the house, my two-year old turned around and said “Come on. Run, Mommy.” I wish I could have run more with her and her brother. I really wanted to…but I definitely had to bow out. Told her I would do a fast walk back which I did.

I can’t remember the last time I ran anywhere. Heck, I didn’t like to run in high school. I always bowed out and volunteered to write the times down for Mr. Prince (and maybe add a few points to my grade while I had the book….I really hated PE but loved Mr. Prince..LOL).

I think it is time that I rethink my views on running/jogging. It’s time I change a little more. This little outing to get the mail with the kids has brought me to a new goal. I want to be able to run around the block by the end of summer. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Siomara said...

Kudos for running! That is awesome! You must have felt so good for doing it! Woo!

On another note... you remember your high school gym teacher's name!? Way cool! I can hardly remember what SCHOOL I went to!

 

design by suckmylolly.com