Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Wedding Dilemma

“My friend So-And-So is getting married and we’ve been invited” were the words that left my hubby’s mouth.

Those words set loose a storm of emotions. Anxiety set in and started messing with my head. I’m not a social creature to begin with (very shy unless I know everyone at the party) and since I’ve put on this weight it’s only gotten worse. Now I have to go to a party with a large group of people I don’t really know. So many thoughts ran rampant through my brain from “How do I get out of this?” to “Oh no! My hubby’s friends are going to see his fat wife!” Like his friends haven’t seen me or pictures of me. (And she is back. “Hello, Little Fat Girl. You are having a field day with this one, aren’t you?” Yes, she is never gone for long. Sigh.)

After the initial panic was over I realized it was time to shut that Little Fat Girl up. I have to suck it up and just accept we are going to the wedding. This is my husband’s childhood friend and I won’t let my hang-ups make him miss this. That was actually easier than I thought. I’m getting stronger than that Little Fat Girl every day!

My next thoughts were wholly female. “Oh crap…now I have to dress up” which was quickly followed by “I have nothing to wear!” I immediately told my hubby that I needed to go shopping. Any excuse to shop, right?..LOL He made that face (you know the one they make whenever we mention shopping. …LOL) and told me that I have plenty of clothes in my closet. I hate when he says that but I will admit he is absolutely right. I do have lots and lots of clothes. Matter of fact, I have tons of clothes in my closet, in boxes under my bed and in the garage. Unfortunately, the majority of them don’t fit and those that do are tight and uncomfortable.

Or so I thought! I decided to try on some of my cuter tops yesterday just to see if I could find anything to wear. Imagine my surprise when the largest size in my closet wasn’t too tight anymore. When it actually fit the way it was supposed to or was even….could it possibly be true?....too big!! Yippee!! Another sign that what I’m doing is working. Imagine how everything will fit when it gets closer to the wedding and I’ve dropped some more weight and shaved a few more inches off of my body.

There are definitely some cute outfits in my closet that I can wear to the wedding so the “What to wear” question has been answered. The best part is I don’t have to settle for the only thing I can fit into and actually have some options for a change. I like this. I like this a lot! But the shopaholic in me can’t help thinking…

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if I did have to buy a new outfit for the wedding because everything in my closet was too big instead of too small? LOL

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com