Friday, June 11, 2010

The Picture Crisis


I was looking for a picture of myself to post on this blog. I hate pictures of me. I hate seeing what I look like and how big I have become. And that is pretty obvious considering how very few pictures of me I had to choose from. When you are fat, you avoid the camera like the plague. You always know who has the camera or video camera. You can dodge and dash with the best of them when the cameras come into play. I’ve gotten remarkably good at it. We don’t have any family pictures taken of us with our children, which is a shame. There are very few pics of me with my children when they were babies. Yet another way I’ve allowed fat to rule my life. Moments I won’t get back. So this is the one I found. This is me in all my glory. Well, as much as you can see. You can clearly see I’m hiding behind the kids and the island the best I can. Pitiful…LOL

I’ve made myself a promise. In a year or so, this will be the picture I point to and say “This was me before I decided to take control of my health.”

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com