Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Party Time!!

I finally broke the 20 lb barrier today. I’m down another 2 lbs this week which puts me at 21 lbs lost. I can’t remember the last time that happened. It’s been so long since anything I’ve done has really worked that I think I am in shock…LOL.

Over the past 8 years, I’ve done the same yo-yo dieting I’ve done for most of my life. You know the drill…10 lbs off, 20 lbs back on. As you can tell, it didn’t work out very well. I just kept getting heavier and heavier.

I think the difference from those other times and this time is pretty easy to decipher.

• This is NOT a diet. It’s a way of life. You don’t get a time out because you are celebrating or on vacation. It’s about being responsible for what you eat and making good choices throughout the day. I am finally taking responsibility for what I put in my mouth!

• There is not a miracle in the offing. I will not drop 20 lbs in a week. As much as I’d like that, it just ain’t going to happen. As I’ve stated earlier in this blog, it took me 8 years to put this weight on and I’ll be lucky to get it off in 2 years.

• Also, I’ve accepted, albeit reluctantly (LOL), that exercise is an important component to weight loss and good health. I have to move my body more to build muscle which in turns ups my almost non-existent metabolism. No matter how hard I have fought it over the years, I have to exercise.

• I’m not hiding it. I put it all out there and that in and of itself was extremely freeing. I feel like I’ve taken all of this pressure off of myself and can now concentrate on the important part….getting healthy.

Now I just have to keep reminding myself of all of the above things. Each day is a struggle and that won’t change but it can become easier. And these little victories and milestones, make it all worthwhile.

Oh and yes, I did a little happy dance in the bathroom this morning..LOL

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com