Friday, June 11, 2010

The SkinnyBee Margarita

I love tequila! For those of you who know me and partied with me before my marriage, you know that is a true statement. I love tequila in all its forms from shots to margaritas. Unfortunately, alcohol doesn’t like me as much. It likes to pack the pounds on me. You can undo all the hard work you’ve put into eating right during the day by having a few drinks. So, I’ve stopped drinking. Not completely. I just don’t drink often anymore.

My hubby and I went out to dinner this week for an adult-only dinner. You fellow parents know how rare and precious those dinners are…LOL I researched the menu at Applebee’s and made all my choices before I got there so I would stay within my WW points. I decided I wanted to use some of my precious points on a drink. I used the interactive cheat sheet on WW online and discovered that the best value for your points is a Bloody Mary. Not my favorite drink, but I do like them. And they are only 2 points. The decision was made. That was what I was getting and I couldn’t wait!

We get to Applebee’s and I order my drink before I open the menu. I'm not stupid! I sure didn’t trust myself not to change my mind when I saw those scrumptious pictures of frosty, salt-rimmed margaritas. As my husband ordered his, I finally looked at my menu and caught a quick glimpse of utopia in 4 beautiful words...…SkinnyBee Margarita…100 Calories. Oh my, yummy!! I quickly looked up the point value on my phone and it was also 2 points on WW. I figured it would be small or not taste as good as a regular margarita but I was willing to try it because I miss my tequila.

I was very happy when I saw it. No, it wasn’t as big as a regular margarita but it was definitely a decent amount. It was in a tall, frosty glass. I took my first drink and a smile lit up my face. It was delicious!! No, it is not a regular margarita but it is pretty darn close and definitely good enough to use 2 precious WW points on.

Thank you Applebee’s!!!! You have won my undying love and devotion.

1 comments:

Siomara said...

Is it fewer points if I just go ahead and have vodka shots??!

LOL

That margarita does sound good, though!

 

design by suckmylolly.com