Saturday, June 12, 2010

"When I grow up....

….I wanna be an old woman.” Do you remember hearing that song on TV? I don’t remember what commercial but I sure do remember that song. It pops into my head at what I thought were random moments until I realized it is usually when some part of my body hurts. Aches and pains I shouldn’t be experiencing yet because I’m too damn young! But thanks to all the fat I’ve accumulated, I’m getting those aches and pains. My knees, my shoulders, my elbows…pretty much all my joints ache. I hate the fact that I hurt all the time, but why wouldn’t I? Think about all the added pressure my poor body has to handle. If a thin person strapped on 200 lbs of weights they wouldn’t be able to move let alone go about their day and that is exactly what I put my body through on a daily basis. I’m lucky it still works at all!

A lot of body parts ache when you are fat. Sometimes you don’t even notice because they are just a part of your life. So commonplace…nothing special. But they should be special and cause some concern. Those aches and pains are my body’s way of saying “Hey, lay off the ice cream, chica!”

My feet were one of those areas I didn’t realize were hurting until someone asked me if I have foot problems. Ever since then I feel each and every ache in my feet. Especially when I get up in the morning. OUCH!! I’m too young for this crap!! I truly am. I am only 38 years old. My grandfather is 91 years old, God bless him. That means If I’m lucky, I could be looking at another 53 years…53 years that I want…53 years to see my children grow into adults and have families of their own…53 years to LIVE!!

I will happily report that since I’ve started exercising the aches have lessened…especially in my feet. I’m moving easier and while the 19 lb weight loss definitely helps, I truly believe the exercising is the key. So every time that lazy girl inside whispers “I don’t want to exercise today”, “I don’t have time to do it”, “I’m just too tired”, I find myself singing…

“When I grow up, I wanna be an old woman.”

1 comments:

Siomara said...

When I grow up, I want to be a grumpy old woman!

Uh...looks like mission accomplished!

 

design by suckmylolly.com