Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Joy of a Bubble Bath

I have always loved taking baths. Nice, long, hot bubble baths have always been a favorite. A perfect go-to gift for me was always bath supplies: bubble bath, scented soaps, bath salts, etc. You name it and I loved it. I even read Of Mice and Men in the bath when I was in high school. Yes, the entire novel in one sitting. As I mentioned before, I am a water baby and be it a lake, river, the ocean, pool or even a bath, I want in it.

As I got bigger, baths became a part of my past. Something else I let the “fat” take away from me. My last apartment where I lived alone didn’t have a bath..only a shower. It was a rough adjustment but worth the sacrifice since I could afford the rent and it was in a nice neighborhood. Then when we moved to Bakersfield and I finally had a bath again, I was much, much bigger. After all the anticipation of waiting for our house to be built with my oval tub in the bathroom, it was quite a letdown when I got in it. I was too big. I wasn’t comfortable and getting out was a nightmare. After two years without a bath in my apartment, this wasn’t what I remembered or wanted. That was 6 1/2 years ago. It was horrible and I haven’t taken another bath since.

Until tonight. I finally said “Screw it”. I grabbed my book, the Vanilla Frosting bubble bath (which I bought for the kids…LOL), locked the bedroom door and filled up the tub. I slipped into the tub and it was….DELIGHTFUL!! HEAVENLY!! Exactly what I needed. I was able to relax, let my worries go, dove into a book and just let my muscles soak in the warm water. I spent a wonderful hour in the bathtub and it felt like coming home.

Yeah, it was a little uncomfortable but not as bad as I remembered from that long ago time. The oval tub is actually quite awesome and fits someone my size a little better. Getting up was also easier than I remembered but that is probably due to the fact that I workout now and actually have some muscles under this fat to help lift myself up. Sure, I’m looking forward to being in the bath again when I’m smaller but I’m not willing to wait anymore. I’m not willing to give up anything anymore. I’m taking my bath-time back!!

There was really only one problem…

…I NEED A BATH PILLOW!!! LOL

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com